Wingfoil Training Courses
Learn wing foiling on Lake Annecy
WINGFOIL COURSE FEES
3 x 2h
3 x 2h
5 x 2h
Wingfoil lesson schedule
The wingfoil lessons consist of theoretical and practical instruction on the use of the wing wing, the board and the foil to navigate above the water. The instructor teaches the basic techniques of navigation, speed management and steering, as well as safety procedures. Then, students can practice these skills under the supervision of the instructor until they are able to fly safely and independently.
Steering the wing
Learn to fly the wing
Moving around the water and gaining speed
The first few thrills of riding a wingfoil can be challenging, but with practice and training, riders can quickly develop their skills and start riding safely and confidently.
First back & forth runs
Change of direction in one direction and then in the other
The first wingfoil runs are an exciting time for new riders. The rider should start by controlling the tension of the wing by holding it firmly to maintain stability and direction. The speed must be controlled to avoid taking off and losing control. Then the rider can begin to navigate by turning slowly and adjusting the tension of the kite to maintain the desired stability and speed.
Keeping a direction and not being blown away by the wind
The pilot can maintain the course by adjusting the wing tension and using the legs to control the board. Speed must also be controlled to maintain the desired stability and direction. Weather conditions and waves can affect steering, so it is important to constantly monitor them and adjust the position and tension of the kite accordingly.
Riding on the foil
Go with the wind to get the board off the surface of the water
The speed of the glide is produced by the traction of the wing on the water, allowing the pilot to take off and navigate on the water surface.
Jib & Tak
Turning in both directions: gybing and tacking
And once you are comfortable with freeriding by being able to turn in all directions, we can move on to freestyle ; )
Times are set the day before so you can take advantage of the best weather conditions.
Any lesson booked, not canceled for weather reasons 24 hours before the date of the lesson, will be cashed.
Wingfoils course prices include the following material elements:
– the wing / Wing whose size is adjusted according to the wind and your level of practice
– the board / Board adapted to your size and technical level
– the fin / Foil chosen according to your riding style
– the wrists & waist leashes (at the wrist & at the waist) so as not to lose the gear in the event of a fall
– safety vests
In addition, wetsuits, gloves and slippers are available on request (from 4€ to 10€ depending on the model and the thickness).
If you are just starting out but
– you do not want to take lessons,
– you can’t go upwind
– you need someone to pick you up,
recovery sessions (supervised navigation) are offered at the price of 60€.
Security is ensured:
– either with an electric boat (cheaper and less energy-intensive),
– either with a motor boat (allows a return even when the wind is up),
depending on the need, the season, the weather conditions and the strength of the wind.
The practice commits you to:
– Respect other users and the Special Police Regulations (RPP available via this link) from Lake Annecy.
– You acknowledge that the equipment rented to you remains under your own responsibility for the duration of your session.
– You agree to cover the repair costs in the event of damage to the equipment (excluding wear and damage caused by a third party).
For example, for the repair of a wing, count between 50€ and 100€.
For an impact on a board, count between 30 and 150€
For a damaged foil, the parts will be replaced on estimate.
– You respect the defined navigation zones and the navigation regulations in force on Lake Annecy (departure briefing on the reserve zones in particular).
– You release Wingfoil-Annecy.com from any liability in the event of bodily injury.
– You certify that you know how to swim perfectly (be able to immerse yourself and swim at least 25 m).
– You certify that you have no contraindications to the practice of this sport.
– You agree to wear the life jacket for the duration of the rental.
If you want to familiarize yourself with the sensations of the foil while waiting for the next gust of wind,
you can possibly contact Izyfoil.fr which offers an efoil school service on Lake Annecy.